1、When helping a woman pull her chair to the table, hold it and guide it. Don’t shove it against the back of her legs.
为女士拉椅子的时候,要把椅子抓住了,留个角度,让女士好走过去。别让椅子腿碰到女士的腿。
2、 If you’re seated at a table with eight or fewer guests, wait for everyone to be served and for the hostess to begin eating before you dig in. At a long banquet table, it’s OK to start when several people are seated and served.
如果就餐人数少于等于八人,那就等所有人都坐好了,女主人开始用餐了,再开动。如果是长餐桌,那么只要有几个人入座进食了,你也就可以开始吃了。
3、All things not having to do with food should remain off the table: keys, clutch bags, cigarette packs, sunglasses, BlackBerrys.
一切和食物无关的东西都不应该出现在餐桌上,包括:钥匙、手袋、烟盒、墨镜还有手机。
4、 Don’t snap your napkin open or unfurl it showily like it’s an Olympic flag.
不要把餐巾展开,看起来像是在展示奥林匹克会旗一样。
5、If you prefer not to have wine while dining out, don’t turn your glass upside down, and don’t make a big deal of saying you don’t drink. Simply place your fingertips on the rim of the glass and say “Not today, thanks.”
如果在用餐时你不想饮酒,不要把酒杯倒过来放,也不要很在意地宣布你不喝酒。只要轻轻地把指尖放在酒杯边缘,说一句“今天不喝,谢谢。”
6、 If you’re eating and want to take a sip, dab your mouth with your napkin to avoid staining the rim of the glass.
如果你在吃东西的时候,想要啜一口饮料的话,那就先拿餐巾把嘴擦干净了,以免在杯子边缘留下残迹。
7、Grabbing a bowl of salad or a saltshaker as it’s being passed to someone who asked for it is the equivalent of cutting in line: greedy and rude.
把原本要递给别人的沙拉碗或者盐瓶从半道截下来,这基本上就等于在说:你是个既贪婪又粗鲁的人。
8、 On the subject of passing: Dishes go counterclockwise, but if someone to your left asks for something, you can hand it directly to him.
餐桌上要传递东西的话,规则一般是逆时针传递。不过,如果坐在你左手边的人想要什么东西时,你也可以直接递给他。
9When you excuse yourself to go to the restroom, just say “Please excuse me.”
想去洗手间的时候,只要说“失陪一下”就可以了。
10、When out with friends or family — even at a fancy restaurant — it’s OK to ask for your leftovers to be wrapped. But don’t do it at a business lunch or dinner.
和朋友家人一起外出用餐,即使是到很高级的餐馆,也可以要求把吃剩下的食物打包带走。不过,如果是在商务宴会上,就不要这么做了。
餐桌礼仪英语十句
1、让客人和长辈先吃每一道菜 let the elder people and the customer eat first
2、不要用筷子敲碗 don't use the chopsticks hit the bowl
3、不要将手伸到饭桌对面夹菜 don't reach to get the food on the opposite side
4、等大家到齐了,才开始吃 don't eat until everyone is there
5、为主人的长寿、健康、成功干杯 wish for the people who host the dinner
6、 If you’re eating and want to take a sip, dab your mouth with your napkin to avoid staining the rim of the glass.如果你在吃东西的时候,想要啜一口饮料的话,那就先拿餐巾把嘴擦干净了,以免在杯子边缘留下残迹。
7、Grabbing a bowl of salad or a saltshaker as it’s being passed to someone who asked for it is the equivalent of cutting in line: greedy and rude.把原本要递给别人的沙拉碗或者盐瓶从半道截下来,这是不礼貌的
8、 On the subject of passing: Dishes go counterclockwise, but if someone to your left asks for something, you can hand it directly to him.餐桌上要传递东西的话,规则一般是逆时针传递。不过,如果坐在你左手边的人想要什么东西时,你也可以直接递给他。
9 When you excuse yourself to go to the restroom, just say “Please excuse me.”想去洗手间的时候,只要说“失陪一下”就可以了。
10、When out with friends or family — even at a fancy restaurant — it’s OK to ask for your leftovers to be wrapped. But don’t do it at a business lunch or dinner.和朋友家人一起外出用餐,即使是到很高级的餐馆,也可以要求把吃剩下的食物打包带走。不过,如果是在商务宴会上,就不要那么做了。
餐桌礼仪英语十句
1、让客人和长辈先吃每一道菜
let the elder people and the customer eat first
2、不要用筷子敲碗
don't use the chopsticks hit the bowl
3、不要将手伸到饭桌对面夹菜
don't reach to get the food on the opposite side
4、等大家到齐了,才开始吃
don't eat until everyone is there
5、为主人的长寿、健康、成功干杯
wish for the people who host the dinner
久仰,久仰!
I have long been looking forward to meeting you.
I have long desired to meet you.
久违了。
I haven’t seen you for ages/for a long time.
It’s been such a long time since we met last time.
久闻大名。
I’ve heard a lot about you.
这次由我负责全程陪同你们。
I will be with you for the entire visit/trip.
欢迎你到中国来。一路上辛苦了! / 一路上还好吧
Welcome to China.I hope you’ve had a good flight.
或I hope you enjoyed your flight. / How was your journey?
谢谢你专程来接我。
Thank you very much for coming all the way to meet me.
您贵姓/您怎么称呼?
May I know your name,please?
很高兴见到你。您怎么称呼7
Glad/Pleased to meet you,Misterr…?(可以用拖长问话的办法来询问对方的姓名)
中国有句古话说:“有朋自远方来不亦乐乎”
There’s an old saying in Chinese which goes: “Isn’t it a great pleasure/joy to have friends coming from afar?
As a Chinese saying goes, “Nothing is more delightful than meeting friends from far away.”
这是给您准备的日程安排.我们简单过一遍吧。如果你有什么特殊要求.也可以告诉我。
This is the tentative itinerary/schedule I have prepared for you.Let’s go through it
together.If there is any special request,just let me know.
如果有什么需要帮忙的.尽管说。
If you need anything,don’t hesitate to ask.
Just let me know if you need anything.
我们安排你住在城里的……酒店.离我们公司开车要走40分钟。
We’ve arranged for you to stay in…Hotel,which is in the downtown area,about 40- minute drive from our company.
我们也有宾馆,不过条件不如酒店。离单位倒是很近.走路就可以到。
We have our own guest house,but there is no comparison between the two, only the guest house is within walking distance of the workplace.
除了正式会谈以外.我们也为大家安排了一些游览活动。
In addition to official meetings,we have also arranged some sightseeing.
我期待着您的再次来访。
I’m looking forward to your visit again.
代我向……问好。
Remember me to… / Say hello to…for me.
不用谢,这是我们应该做的。
Don’t mention it. It’s my pleasure.
欢迎再来!
Do come again